Friday, October 9, 2009

Spotlight on Mitch Hedberg



Mitch Hedberg was my favorite comedian. Sometimes I still listen to his CD's or watch his videos and I'm still blown away by the guy. He was one of those few guys whose material was so incredible, that every time I watched him I'd just sit there with a slack-jawed half-grin wondering how he possibly came up with it. He had it all. He was instantly likeable, he was original and inventive, and he had a delivery that was unparalleled.

Unfortunately, Mitch passed away in March of 2005. Sometimes I selfishly think of all of the great material I am missing out on because he's gone, but mostly, I am just saddened because he was someone I really admired and I'll never get the chance to tell him or thank him.

Since you can't go see him, you should go buy his CD's, watch some clips (I've attached one from one of his 8 billion Letterman appearances), and just enjoy the great comedy that he gave us. He was really amazing and he still inspires me.

Thanks, Mitch. Hope all is well wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment